Friday, November 30, 2012

Herringbone Christmas

This card features the herringbone technique, which I learned from the Technique Junkies Newsletter. It's made with 1/4-inch strips of patterned paper (and yes, it's very time consuming). Here's the funny part. I made a 1/4-page sheet of the herringbone about a year ago, using up some scraps of Christmas patterned paper. Then I couldn't figure out what to do with it, and just left in on my stamping desk. Luckily, it didn't get lost or buried too deeply, because a few days ago someone posted a card to the TJ Yahoo group featuring this technique, and I finally knew what to do with it.

I am entering this card for 365 Cards challenge #271, to make a card that is "festive, with green and a circle". 

The paper is from a Hobby Lobby stack, which includes some glittery paper. Sentiment is from Serendipity.  I got the little holly leaves in a scrapbook kit, and used mini red stubs and green ribbon from my stash.


1 comment:

  1. Fabulous Idea :-)I love the way you have created the BG with pattern paper. Thanks for playing along @ 365 cards this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts