Saturday, February 11, 2012

With a flourish

     I guess flourishes are still "in," because I do see them a lot as a way to use bling, but I haven't really thought about using flourishes for a while. One of the Virtual Stamp Night challenges at SCS was to use swirls or flourishes. 
     As soon as I saw the challenge, I knew I wanted to use this bird by Inkdadinkadoo. I had seen it used on a card somewhere in the last few days, so it was fresh in my mind. I usually use the larger birds from this set, so it was good to put some ink on this.
     I used the Mojo Monday sketch (MOJO227) as the basis for this card. The bird is stamped in Ranger Denim ink, then clear embossed. I also sponged the denim ink around the edges of the oval and on the top silk flower to done down the white.
     The papers are from Stampin Up  and the lace is a paper adhesive lace from K&Co. (I love this stuff; got it at Tuesday Morning and would grap another package if I found it anywhere.)
     I'm really starting to like the look of monochromatic cards.  What do you think?

1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts