Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I {heart} glue dots

This week's Teapot Tuesday Challenge at SCS has a King Kong theme.  I thought this little monkey stamp from Autumn Leaves would be a good one to use.
I based the card on this week's sketch from Card Patterns (#138).  To be honest, one of the most time-consuming part of this card was doing that half circle.  It's too big for a nestie, so I went around my kitchen looking for something circular and 5 inches wide to trace. (I eventually found the lid to a big cannister of pretzels that fit the bill.)
I traced the circle and cut it out, then stamped the vine in SU Garden Green and the monkey in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored them both with pencils and OMS.  Next I added the rickrack, which is both an embellishment and a way to disguise my not-perfect circle. I could have tried sewing it on, I guess, but I went with glue dots -- one on every other "zig" (hence the title of this post, in case you were wondering.  It was a lot of glue dots.)
The sentiment is computer-generated and cut with a tag punch.  The leafy patterned paper is from DCWV's "Kid Safari" stack. The sketch called for a ribbon across the top, and I added a few flowers to finish it off.
Funny thing about King Kong -- I've seen dozens of spoofs of it, but I've never actually seen any of the movie versions.  Folks on SCS assured me I really hadn't missed anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts