Monday, February 21, 2011

Sponging up


I don't know why, but I don't do much sponging of ink. I like the way it looks but I guess I'm ususally in too much of a hurry to get the card done. Anyway, the Queen for the Day stamper at SCS this week is a big sponger, and to honor her properly, I had to do some sponging around the main image in this card.

The colors for this card are taken from this week's Off the Wall Craftiness Challenge (OTWC46). You can see the inspiration photo to the right, although, as usual, my colors may be a little more muted.

The giraffe (Rubber Stampede) is stamped in Color Box Chestnut Roan ink and embossed with clear EP. Papers are from Making Memories. I did some piercing in the upper corners, and added a few brads to repeat the diagonal line of the dotted strip. And of course, lots of sponging in SU Bliss Blue and Color Box Cadmium.


1 comment:

  1. Love that giraffe stamp. So glad you were able to play along with us at OTWC.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Monochromatic CAS

 Isn't there a saying that goes something like: there's nothing simple about clean and simple?  Or no, is it just me? Anyway, I trie...

Popular Posts