Thursday, September 10, 2009

EIC52


For this week's (first anniversary) Etsy Inspired Challenge, EIC52, we were supposed to find our own Etsy shop for inspiration. I found a pottery shop called MudFairy, and used the Dragon in the Clouds candy dish (see photo below) as my inspiration.

The card features a stamp from Faerie Song Art Stamp's new Dragon plate. I was inspired to make the dragon purple from MudFairy's design (I decided this dragon didn't look anything like Barney, so I could get away with a purple dragon). It's watercolored with markers, and the stamp has such lovely, fine lines I may have overwhelmed them.

Sketch is from SCS's sketch challenge 245, but I took pretty extreme liberties with the sketch..


1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! Love this! Your inspiration piece is amazing and so is your card! Thanks for playing EtsyInspired this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts