Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Collar fold


 Mrs. A (aka Valerie Ann, owner of The Butterfly Challenge) continues to find interesting folds and techniques to feature in her challenge.This time around it's what she calls the collar fold, which it turns out is both easy and versatile.

For this card, I also adopted her theme of "circles" with both dotted papers and die-cut circular elements for the focal point/sentiment. Technically, you need double-sided printed paper for this technique, but since my paper was only printed on one side, I stamped a swirly pattern in light blue on the other side. The edges of the anels and the sentiment circles are all rubbed with the same cornflower blue. The butterfly is cut out of a snippet of a failed watercolor project. I used a Sizzix die for the butterfly, then embossed it to give it a little more texture. The brad that's in the flower center is the same coral color as the butterfly.

This card is entered in these challenges:

Butterfly Challenge #166 -- includes the collar fold, circle theme, and 3 of the colors -- cornflower blue, coral and celadon

Die-cut Divas Feb -- angle it

Word Art Wednesday #531 -- anything goes

Pammie's Inky Pinkies #2207 -- anything goes

 

 

3 comments:

  1. Loving the colourway you have selected from the choice of colours that I gave. Great idea to stamp the swirly pattern on the reverse of your paper to make it a double sided pattern. Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me for this challenge. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty spring card. Thanks for sharing with us at PIP Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I've ever heard of the collar fold until now. Fantastic card. So glad you joined Die Cut Divas for our February challenge to "Angle It".

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Dragonfly

 I don't usually do collage-type backgrounds, but I decided to try one. I started by stenciling in various shakes of pink and plum, then...

Popular Posts