Saturday, February 26, 2022

Happy birthday


 We have a lot of spring birthdays in my family, so I've started to work on cards. For this one, I used some coloring tools I haven't used in a long time -- watercolor crayons. I colored a solid stamp of cone flowers with crayon, spritzed with water and stamped it on watercolor paper.  I like this technique, but getting the right amount of water is tricky. 

The "happy" part of the sentiment is a Cutploration/Stamploration die. "Birthday" is white embossed on black.

This card is entered in these challenges

Time Out #208 -- 8th birthday celebration (happy birthday!)

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday -- anything goes

Word Art Wednesday #531-- anything goes

Pammie's Inky Pinkies #2208 -- anything goes

 

2 comments:

  1. I love your loose watercolor flower. Its imperfection is wonderful. Thanks for sharing and celebrating our birthday with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! Thank you for sharing with us at The PIP Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Dragonfly

 I don't usually do collage-type backgrounds, but I decided to try one. I started by stenciling in various shakes of pink and plum, then...

Popular Posts