Monday, November 8, 2021

Patchwork technique


 I learned a new technique via the folks at Splitcoast Stampers, and it is a great one for using snippets.  It's called Disappearing 9-patch. You begin by creating a standard 3x3 nine-patch--I cut my squares with a 1-inch square die. After assembling the patch, you cut it in half horizontally and vertically. At that point you have four squares you can arrange in any way you find pleasing to the eye. It's fun to see the variations. I ended up turning each piece 180 degrees from how it started. 

You can put all four pieces back together with or without space between them and I chose to add a narrow edge around all the peices by mounting them on a mossy green snippet, which is then mounted on a yellowish snippet.

For the 9-patch, I used really small snippets of 9 different patterns of fall-ish papers. Six or seven were from the same set, and I found a few others that worked well with them. One-inch squares are pretty small, and knowing I started with one-inch squares, that  means the corner pieces are now 1/4-inch squares. 

I added a die-cut acorn and a sentiment from Mark's Finest to create a Thanksgiving card.

This card is entered in these challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Monday: Thanks/Thanksgiving

Word Art Wednesday #515 -- anything goes

Pammie's Inky Pinkies #2145 -- anything goes

Pixie's Snippet Playground #415 -- use snippets

Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge -- use patterned papers

4 comments:

  1. What an intriguing idea for using up snippets. You’ve made a lovely card.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful technique and such a great card Sandy. I see that Suzanne also entered with a card using the same technique from SCS. Certainly a brilliant way to use up snippets as well as such wonderful results.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper November challenge - I hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It’s a good resource for learning. I see the post again and again clipping path

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts