Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Mushrooms

Splitcoast has watercolor challenge on Wednesdays, and last week it involved painting mushrooms. I sometimes play along -- usually days late -- with watching the tutorial and trying the techniques, but I don't often end up pleased enough with the outcome to go all the way to completing a card. I thought the mushroom challenge was a lot of fun and was happy enough with the painting to use it on a card.

The image is from Pattie's Creations, painted with watercolors. The sentiment (Impression-Obsession, maybe?) is white embossed. After I made the painting I went looking for paper to use behind the image and stumbled upon a white-dotted paper that perfectly matches the 'shrooms I'd painted! 

(I chose what I thought were fantasy colors for mushrooms, only to find out that mushrooms come in every color, even blue and purple. I guess that's my "you learn something every day" moment for today.)

This card is in these challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday -- anything goes

Pammie's Inky Pinkie's #2144 -- anything goes

Word Art Wednesday #516 -- anything goes

Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge -- use patterned paper


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Monochromatic CAS

 Isn't there a saying that goes something like: there's nothing simple about clean and simple?  Or no, is it just me? Anyway, I trie...

Popular Posts