Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Strawberry time


 These days, you can buy strawberries at almost any time of the year, but I still prefer them in the spring, when there's a chance they are somewhat "local" and tastier. 

The TimeOut challenge is to be inspired by items inside your home. I have a set of prints featuring different fruits on my kitchen wall, and one of them is a print of strawberries.  The image is a very old one, stamped on watercolor paper, then misted before laying down the first color layer.  After it dried, I added more concentrated colors on the strawberries, leaves and flowers.

 After that I added splatters, an embossed sentiment (meeting TimeOut's twist to add embossing), and baker's twin before matting the image.

 

This card is for these challenges:

Time Out: inspired by something in your home

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday: anything goes

Word Art Wednesday #493: anything goes

Pammie's Inky Pinkies #2121: anything goes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Monochromatic CAS

 Isn't there a saying that goes something like: there's nothing simple about clean and simple?  Or no, is it just me? Anyway, I trie...

Popular Posts