Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Peachy pinky


 Happy summer everyone.

What's more summery than flowers and butterflies? This card features an old stamp that's part of a set of four floral blocks -- roses, daisies, and I'm not positive what these are called, but I painted them peach. I started with a snippet of watercolor paper, stamped the image in versamark, then used glitter gold embossing powered. After heating it, I used watercolors to paint the image and mounted it on a scrap of gold card stock.

The background was in pile of papers, I have no idea when I made it or exactly how -- looks like some sort of Distress Inks and smooshing/spraying.  I thought the pinks and peaches worked with the image, and used gold pigment ink to edge the panel.

After punching out the butterflies (from a bit of the gold snippet) bthey seemed pretty boring so I ran them through an embossing folder. 

This card is entered in these challenges:

Butterfly Challenge #158 -- level 2 (color peach and pair of butterflies)

Pattie's Creations #183 -- Things that fly

The Paper Shelter #475 -- things with wings

Pixie's Snippet Playground #405 -- use snippets

Word Art Wednesday #497 -- anything goes 

Pammie's Inky Pinkies # 2025   -- anything goes



4 comments:

  1. Superfun card, thanks for sharing your inspiration with us! Hugs Heidi TPS DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice card Sandy, have a nice summer too! Thank you for sharing with us your beautiful card at The Paper Shelter. Godd luck with your entry!
    Iza DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandy! What a lovely card. Very soft and sweet. Thanks SO much for sharing your talents with us at Word Art Wednesday. It's a joy to have you play along, and I really look forward to seeing more of your wonderful creativity. have a blessed week.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty and delicate in the peachy colours. super idea to add interest to the butterflies with the embossing folder. Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me this week. Hugs Mrs A. sorry for delay in commenting due to family illness.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Monochromatic CAS

 Isn't there a saying that goes something like: there's nothing simple about clean and simple?  Or no, is it just me? Anyway, I trie...

Popular Posts