Thursday, May 6, 2021

Doodled birds



 The technique challenge at SCS this week features watercolored, doodled birds and they are so much fun to make. Basically, put down a blob of watercolor and let it dry. Then use a pen to outline and add features like beak, tail, legs, whatever your heart desires.  For the backgorund, I found some patterned paper that has itty-bitty blobs that almost look like watercolor splatters. How perfect.

The birds look so goofy and cute -- I hope these cards will make other people smile as much as they make me happy.

I'm entering these challenges:

Pammie's Inky Pinkies #2118 -- anything goes

Word Art Wednesday #489 -- anything goes

Catch the Bug -- bi-weekly anything goes

Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge -- use patterned paper.

4 comments:

  1. Oh a favorite way to create watercolor birds. I love your card. Great colors and they turned out beautifully. So glad you shared over at Catch the bug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These birdies are super cute!
    Thank you for joining Catch the Bug.
    Hugs from Africa!
    OlgaB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how cute! Thanks for joining us at Catch The Bug/Stella Says Sketch. Hope to see you again. Bonnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper challenge. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts