Monday, February 18, 2013

Add a little color

Using black, white and one color always seem to produce a crisp and attractive card, so I was excited to see that as the theme for CAS-ual Fridays challenge CFC90.  I took my inspiration from The Alley Way Stamps Be-Inspired challenge # 22, which uses this eye-catching photo for inspiration.

The black-and-white striped background that the fence creates and the green on the furniture really jumped out at me, so that's what I based the card on. I wanted to play with the idea of changing the neutrals to a bright color. Adding a little color to the sentiment -- by printing it out a second time on green paper and cutting out a few words -- added emphasis to the sentiment and added a little color balance to the card as well.

Sentiment and brush stamp are both digital freebies from The Alley Way Stamps.  The brush is colored with both marker (green) and pencil (black). The brush is raised up on pop dots.


4 comments:

  1. What a fab card! Love the design, colors, and message. Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FAbulous! I love the pop of green! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is simply fabulous! Love that painted brush. Thanks for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a creative take on the photo inspiration!!! LOVE the green, white and black...for sure eye catching!!
    Thanks for sharing and playing along with TAWS Be Inspired Challenge :)
    Jessica
    TAWS~DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts