Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Round we go

The challenge at CAS on Sunday (Challenge #2) is to create a circle card. I thought long and hard for a specific theme for a circle card (to go with a CD, perhaps?) but ended up combining it with the CAS challenge at Splitcoast this week, and going with a music theme.

The card is cut with Nesties, and there's a small brad so the top layer swings up or down to reveal the second layer.  I learned this trick from someone's blog, otherwise I would have been struggling on how to cut a circle and still keep a fold in the card.

I got to use lots of stuff that's been sitting in my stash on this. I've had the printed tape for ages; I picked it up at Hobby Lobby one year after Easter -- I pretty much cleared out their clearance section that day with lots of spring-y items.  The butterfly die cut is one I piked up at a consignment sale a while ago and just never got around to using until now.

All those pastel colors make me ready for spring. 


1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts