Friday, February 26, 2021

Butterflies and brick

 

Look at that , two posts in two days. Just like old times. (I've had a slight lull in work, but I don't expect it to last long.)

This card features an awesome butterfly die-cut  that someone gifted me with.  It was cut from white cardstock, and I colored it with what I've heard called the Smoosh-spritz-drag technique -- smoosh Distress inks on a non-absorbent surface, spritz with water, and drag the paper through it. First I used a couple blue Distress inks, and followed with a blue distress oxide ink. The main panel is a piece of ivory cardstock on which I inked brick shapes using a Stamplorations stencil. The sentiment is from Stampin Up.

This card was inspried for the Butterfly Challenge. Mrs. A's shape/technique this time is what she calls an inside out card (definitely check it out here) but I didn't have a really good long die cut to use, so I when with a straight card this time.

This card is entered in these challenges 

Butterfly Challenge #152 -- (Category 2: Inking theme and ivory/iceberg colors)

Word Art Wednesday #479 -- anything goes 

Pammie's Inky Pinkies #2108 -- anything goes 

The Paper Shelter #458 -- CAS

Crafty Sentiment -- anything goes 

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday -- anything goes




1 comment:

  1. Beautiful butterfly for this technique and looks great against the brick wall effect. We have a long brick wall on the side of our house and in the summer months it gets very warm. We often see butterflies on it sunning themselves. Loads of ladybirds too. Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me this week. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Monochromatic CAS

 Isn't there a saying that goes something like: there's nothing simple about clean and simple?  Or no, is it just me? Anyway, I trie...

Popular Posts