Sunday, January 3, 2021

Bring on the butterflies


 Happy 2021 everyone!. Wishing you all the best in the new year.

I have finally tried making a card in a box, which I'm sure you made years ago. I am always leery of "fun folds" because they don't usually go well for me, so I don't see the fun in them. This was actually very easy. (If you've never done one, the tutorial a SCS is very good). 

This also turned out to be an excellent way to use up snippets of patterned paper, and everything aside from the pink card stock used for the base is a snippet. (You pretty much need to cut a fresh piece of 12x12 paper to make this style).

I decorated the card with a variety of punched and die-cut butterflies, which I had stashed away. (However, I used snippets on all of them when I made them.) A few are mounted on strips of acetate so they are "flying" out of the box.

The hardest thing about this style is photographing it because all the butterflies look like a jumble.

This card is for these challenges:

Pixie's Snippet Playground #393 -- use snippets 

Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge Jan 2021 -- use patterned paper

3 comments:

  1. I can see lots of work went into this lovely card. A true keepsake. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Sandy! They are good fun to make and always get a positive reaction from the recipients. I can see your point about many of the 'folds' on cards these days - I have a handful of favourites but find a lot are just too fiddly to be worthwhile. This is a huge exceptions though!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely box
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Hazel Nut's Pattern Paper Challenge
    Julie T

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Monochromatic CAS

 Isn't there a saying that goes something like: there's nothing simple about clean and simple?  Or no, is it just me? Anyway, I trie...

Popular Posts