Friday, November 20, 2020

Blue snowflake

 

I think I've said this before, but I'll repeat myself. I love snowflakes as an image or design element, but I prefer they stay out of my life when it comes to weather.

For this card, I played with lots of different snowflakes. The big die-cuts are from a teal colored snippet of cardstock. For the background, I took an array of different sized snowflake stamps and used second, third, and even fouth generation stamping, to keep the background for overwhelming the die-cuts. The sentiment is white-embossed on a pale blue snippet of vellum. (I had trouble getting the vellum to cut straight, and now that I think about it, I usually tear vellum rather than cutting it. I guess that's why.)

This card is entered in these challenges:

CRAFT # 577 -- Christmas

Double D -- winter blues

Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge #516 -- anything Christmas

ABC Christmas -- Winter Wonderland

Pixie's Snippet Playground #390-- use snippets 

Pammie's Inky Pinkies #2046 -- anything goes

Word Art Wednesday # 466 -- anything goes

Crafty Sentiments -- anything goes

7 comments:

  1. LOVE your snowflake card ... great idea! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Winter Blues’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty snowflake card and I love the contemporary design.
    Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Christmas Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great snowflake card. Love the blue colors you used. Thanks for playing along with us at PIP Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you about the snow. I love it on your card, BEAUTIFUL! Thanks so much for joining us at CRAFT Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is beautiful and just perfect for our challenge. Thanks for linking up with Double D. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely snippets card - and the blues are so pretty. Well you wouldn't use orange for a snowflake i guess! I'm with you about snow - I like to see it when it first falls but that's about it!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful snowflake card. Thank you for joining the W and X challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge.
    Dorte x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Monochromatic CAS

 Isn't there a saying that goes something like: there's nothing simple about clean and simple?  Or no, is it just me? Anyway, I trie...

Popular Posts