Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Love birds


Another PINspirational Challenge is up, and this one has a Valentine's focus. If you need to make a card or two for Feb. 14, maybe this image (to the right )will inspire you as much as it inspired me.

 My card began with a background I'd made previously. I used a snippet of light brown/craft paper and dragged a white craft inkpad on it to give the look of whitewashed wood. For the birds, I used part of an Impression Obsession stamp, inked in Staz-On. (it's really hard to get a good image on top of the craft ink, and I had to reink several times.)  For the birch tree, I used a stamp from Whimsy (I think, or else Stamped Simply) Christmas set.

The tiny hearts were die cut with a tiny snippet of red, then covered with a paper glaze.  The main image is mounted on a white snippet to get a very thin frame, then on a red card. It's 'finished with black and white baker's twine.

This card is for these challenges
Pixie's Snippet Playground #371-- use snippets
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday -- with love
Crafty Sentiments -- use red

4 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful snippets Valentine card Sandy. Love everything about it.

    Sarn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful card Sandy - I love the take on the inspiration photo, perfect! You should be delighted with this - and am so happy to see in in the Snippets Playground!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card and images. Love the red hearts. Thanks for sharing over at Crafty Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you put them on a line of music ~ I may have to scraplift that idea and share your blog to give you credit ~ it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Monochromatic CAS

 Isn't there a saying that goes something like: there's nothing simple about clean and simple?  Or no, is it just me? Anyway, I trie...

Popular Posts