Saturday, December 28, 2019

Christmas snippets


Between work, my son's college graduation and getting ready for Christmas, I hadn't been in my craft room for over a month. Last night I left the guys watching football and actually made a card. Yay me.

Those of you who hang around Pixie's Snippet Playground probably recognize the inspiration for this card. About six weeks ago, the amazing Karen Letchworth made a sample card out of lots of strips of Christmas paper, and I immediately knew I'd be CASEing it. (I made this card from what I remembered Karen's card looking like, and now I see I made a more CAS version than she did.)

 The size of the Christmas paper pads I have all require me to cut a strip of an inch or two off the paper to fit on a standard size card, so I have tons of snippets, and I thought Karen's solution was brilliant.  I have plenty more snippets, so I expect I'll make several like this.

My card is for these challenges:
Pixie's Snippet Playground #368 -- use snippets
Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge -- use patterned paper
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge #470 -- anything Christmas



2 comments:

  1. Fabulous snippets card and a great CASE of Karen's card xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with Andrea Sandy - a great CASE of Karen's card and wonderful use of snippets. Lovely to see you back in the Playground with us!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts