Monday, August 19, 2019

Joy fold card


I haven't made a joy fold card for ages (read: years), but I had a lot of fun making this card after Mrs. A. posted the most recent Butterfly Challenge.  As you may know, she is featuring a different fold with each challenge, and this time it was a joy fold.

This is a very simple card to make, and hopefully, I'll remember that in the future. (She has a tutorial on her blog if you've never made one of these).

For my card, I used a stamp set from Clearly Besotted.  The sunflower is inked in two chalk ink colors -- chestnut roan and Cadmium.  I used a small, dry-embossed, punched butterfly as a little holder to keep the central part of the card from flapping open.

For the background, I used some very old patterned paper from Stampin UP.  One of the challenge colors for the Butterfly Challenge was "jasmine," a pale yellow, so I felt this paper met that requirement.

This card is for these challenges:
Butterfly Challenge #126: theme: Joy Fold,  Color: jasmine
Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge -- use patterned paper
Pammie's Inky Pinkies #1933 -- anything goes
Word Art Wednesday #400 -- anything goes



3 comments:

  1. So glad I have inspired you to make a joyfold after several yrs. Your sunflower for the inset fold is delightful and is really shown to advantage. Love all the colours used together. Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card fold; beautiful image and card. Thank you for sharing with us at The PIP Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful creation. Thank you for blessing us with your entry to our challenge at Word Art Wednesday. Leaving you with God's Word in 1 John 3:1 that says, "See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. The reason why the world does not know us is that it did not know him." Have a blessing filled day.

    JO ANN
    https://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Monochromatic CAS

 Isn't there a saying that goes something like: there's nothing simple about clean and simple?  Or no, is it just me? Anyway, I trie...

Popular Posts