Monday, December 31, 2018

Hey there

     Some cards are pretty specific, like this one, which was created for Teapot Tuesday at SCS. The challenge was "bridges." Since I don't have any bridge images, I made a bridge-style card with the theme of "bridging the distance," represented by a couple cute critters and their tin-can phone systems. (High concept, eh?)
     The critters and sentiment are from a Simon Says Stamp set. The cat and monkey were stamped on a white snippet, colored with pencils, and fussy cut. I decided not to get too "fussy" on the cutting and left a few areas of white to add strength because at least one animal wasn't going to have backing on part of it.
     After cutting and scoring the base card (I think that's SU River Rock card stock), I used a large bamboo stamp (Inkadinkadoo, maybe?) to create a "tree" for the monkey to be climbing in. The bamboo extends over the fold for a little more 3D feeling. The bridge piece (a blue snippet) was stamped with the same tree.  I also added hand-draw grass and some stamped greenery.
     The cans (from the SSS set) were decorated with some silver gel pen, and there's baker's twine for the string linking the tin-can phones.
     Another blue snippet and snippets of a leafy print finish off the card.
     Trying to make this scene the way I envisioned it gave me even more respect for those of you who create intricate scenes!

This card is for these challenges:
Pixie's Snippet Playground #342
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday -- anything goes
Word Art Wednesday # 366  -- anything goes

    

2 comments:

  1. This is darling. Such a fun design. Thanks so much for sharing your art with us at Word Art Wednesday. I'm so grateful for your participation in our challenges, and I really appreciate you taking the time to share your talents with us. I hope to see lots more of your wonderful creations in 2019.
    Blessings to you,
    Karen Letchworth
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is really clever Sandy and such a fun card too! Great thinking outside the box :)

    Happy New Year.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Monochromatic CAS

 Isn't there a saying that goes something like: there's nothing simple about clean and simple?  Or no, is it just me? Anyway, I trie...

Popular Posts