Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Camping fun



I found this image in a file of stamped images; someone sent it to me, and I don't know who sent it, or what company makes the image, but I think it is hilarious. Thankfully, a full-on raccoon attack has never occurred when I was camping, but there was one incident when some critters got into the Cheetos while we were sleeping, because I left the bag on the picnic table. Another time some critter literally ate thru a nylon canvas pack to get to some snack (trail mix, I think) while we were off having fun..

Anyway, every time I see this image in that file, I think "I need to use that," so this time I took action.

The image is huge, so it was simply a matter of coloring it with pencils. It is mounted on a snippet of orange paper, and there are a couple of leaves (die-cut from green snippets) in the corners (for that outdoorsy feel). The sentiment is a clear sticker, placed on a white snippet and cut with a fishtail edge.

This card is for these challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Monday:  Little Critters
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday: Furry Friends.
Pixie's Snippet Playground #281: use snippets
Word Art Wednesday #284: anything goes



2 comments:

  1. What a fun image Sandy! I can see why it makes you smile so much :) A long time ago we were camping ans squirrels used to raid the shower blocks and eat any soap they found there! Visions of squirrels frothing at the mouth!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super sweet card, Sandy. SO creative and fun. Thanks so much for stopping by to share your sweet card with us. I love to have you play along and share your talents. Have a blessed week, and please be sure to join us again soon.
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts