Saturday, December 10, 2016

Candy Canes





I'm not a big fan of eating candy canes, but I do think they make a wonderful graphic element. Today, in my second-to-last guest designer post for Scribbles Designs, I'm showcasing the Candy Cane Mason Jar image from Scribbles Designs.

Buy Scribbles Designs here...I colored the jar with pencils, then fussy cut it. I added a thick layer of Glossy Accents on top and it does look like glass in person. The sketch for this card is the current Mojo Monday sketch, and I used  some seasonal paper, including one print that has candy canes, to strengthen the theme.  I embellished with piercing and a silk poinsettia.

I'm running out of time to make cards, and I need to start addressing them and sending them out. How are you doing with your card-sending?

My card is for these challenges:
Mojo Monday #477
Just Us Girls #373 -- jars

Crafty Sentiments -- Anything goes
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra -- anything Christmas
Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge -- use patterned paper
Word Art Wednesday #260 -- anything goes




6 comments:

  1. Lovely card.I am enjoying the brightly coloured and very fun DP. Perfect with this image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card. That image is adorable, and I love your choice of patterned papers. Great design, great card, great take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at Just Us Girls!!
    Judy - Challenge Host

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many adorable elements to this candy canelicious card, Sandy! I happen to love candy canes, so now you have me literally drooling! I love the impact of the glossy accents, too! Happy Holidays! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love all those candy canes. Such a delightful card. Thanks for joining us for Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the candy cane paper and that other one together. Does anyone actually like candy canes?! hee hee. Your card is fabulous!

    I mailed out all the cards I made. I thought of a few more folks I would have sent cards to if I had more but have been too busy to get them made and mailed. I'm thinking maybe some New Year's ones to them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! I agree, I'm not a big fan of eating candy canes, but they are definitely a Christmas icon and this image is very pretty! Love that you had candy cane paper to match. Thanks for playing with CHNCC2.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts