Monday, August 18, 2014

Under water scene

I have a fun image for you today.  This mermaid is from Faerie Song stamps, and I think there is something so humorous about a mermaid sitting around reading....
The mermaid is colored in pencils, and that's VersaColor Sea Breeze sponged around the edges.  There is paper glaze on all the bubbles, giving it a real watering look. To keep up the water theme, I used the last of the watercolor wash paper I made a few weeks ago. For that, I used Ranger Stream reinker and then splattered on some water to get the watery marks.
The sand dollar was white-embossed on craft paper and fussy cut out.

The layout is the current Sketch Saturday Sketch, and the theme is for Creative Inspiration's "Under the Sea Challenge."  The colors are blues/greens/neutrals, from Just Us Girls' current challenge.

The card is for these challenges

The Paper Shelter #169 -- Punches and dies  (border punch)
Creative Inspiration #276 -- Under the Sea
Sketch Saturday -- Sketch 232
Pixie's Snippet Playground #138 (everything
is a snippet)
Just Us Girls #254 -- blues/greens/neutrals
Word Art Wednesday #145 --anything goes

13 comments:

  1. I hope the book is splash proof. It is a fun card. We are always so happy when you take time to post with us.
    God Bless you,
    Carole, Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks wonderful. I love the glistening air bubbles and the pretty water coloured paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty make - I love this! Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations and good luck! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The glimmering bubbles were a great added touch to this card! Thanks for playing along with us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love mermaids and this one is such a cutie! Fabulous card.Thanks so much for playing along at The Paper Shelter this week! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that background and the watery bubbles! Cute mermaid, too. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. GREAT card Sandy! I wonder what that mermaid is reading - 10,000 Leagues Under the Sea maybe :)

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sigh, make that 20,000 - I knew it was a very deep book - snort :) I know, need to get out more here!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card,love image and wonderful colour combo. Thanks for joining us at Wednesday's Creative Inspirations. I hope you get to join us again for our next challenge. Agnieszka

    ReplyDelete
  10. You'd think mermaids were too busy luring sailors to their doom on the rocks to sit down with a good book, but it makes for a peaceful card. Love the fussy cut sand dollar.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card there. I like the colouring. Do you think she is reading about Arial? Maybe she is like a rock star down there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. (Ooops I had my fingers on the wrong keys on the keyboard last attempt!!!) What I was wanting to say is that I love your shiny bubbles with this sweet mermaid and the sand dollar is the perfect accompaniment. It's lovely to see you playing along with us at Sketch Saturday this week. Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts