Saturday, November 9, 2013

Christmas time

It's time to start making Christmas cards.  I just got the new 'Tis the Season stack from Echo Park and wanted to play with it. This is what I came up with.

The paper is double-sided, so I only had to cut into two sheets to make this patchwork design. (Yes, I hate cutting into brand new paper, a common but terrible quirk for a paper crafter).  After I had everything glued together, I figured out how I could have made a pinwheel design, but then it was too late. The patchwork is mounted on a silver metallic paper layer

The tag features a couple of adorable stamps from Hero Arts. I added red fibers and a metallic silver bow, then popped it up on popdots.

This card is for the following challenges:

Simon Says Monday Challenge, patchwork
Created With Love #65, Christmas Red and Green
Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge, Red and Green with gold or silver
C.R.A.F.T Challenge #232, Christmas
Word Art Wednesday #105, Anything Goes.


7 comments:

  1. lovely card thanks for sharing with CWLC this week Rachel DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card. Love the tag. Thanks for joining our Red and Green Christmas Challenge at Created With Love Challenges

    ~~Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the card very unique and vintage feeling. Thanks for joining in the fun at Created with love challenges.
    Linda K. DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely patchwork card, really like the tag with the postage stamp snowman. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting card. Nice design. Thank you for joining us at Holly Jolly this week. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandy! Your card is SO sweet, and I thank you so very much for sharing it with us in our challenge this week. I appreciate your participation and hope that you will continue to share your sweet creations with us.
    God bless you for sharing!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    P.S. I have some blog candy on my blog. Just comment to be entered!
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty card! I really like the patchwork design. It looks so cozy. Thanks for joining us at Word Art Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts