Monday, August 5, 2013

Girly birds

A tiny young bird landed on my deck yesterday. I was really worried it was injured because it was all fluffed up and had its wings extended, but I guess it was just catching some sunshine during what I think might have been its first flight.

These girly birds are for a couple of sisters. The image is from The Alley Way Stamps, and it's paper-pieced.  The sentiment is computer-generated.  I added piercing both around the main image panel and the sentiment. I used printed paper for the bottom layer of flag and a ribbon with a print that echoes the pink plaid on top of that.  I've never liked that pink stripe before, but I cut it on the diagonal and that really improves it.


The sketch is Freshly Made #97.

I am also entering this card in these challenges:

Simon Says Stamp: Anything Goes
C.R.A.F.T. #218: Monochromatic cards

5 comments:

  1. Lovely creation, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge. Don't forget to check back on Thursday to see if you have won or if you have been chosen in our Top3. Also don't miss out on challenges and freebies on my digistamp blog.

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet card, thanks for playing along at CRAFT challenge. Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is so sweet. I really like your design and choice of colours. Thanks for sharing at CRAFT this week. Hugs Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Sandy :-) the little birds are adorable and whole design is fabulous :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet! I love the paper pieced bodies

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!