It's been a cold and rather dreary day here today, so I've spent my time playing at Virtual Stamp Night over at Splitcoast. The theme is "birds, bees and creepy crawlies." One challenge required using a feather as an embellishment. Since Mr. Stampingwriter is a fly fisherman, and ties his own flies, feathers are readily available, so I took the bait, er, challenge.
My card is based on Feeling Sketchy Sketch #48 although I scooted the oval to the other side of the page. I remembered I had some great paper with a funny bird print, so I decided to feature that and just use a "bird- type" saying. The feather is maribou. I was hoping to find orange or green to go with the paper, but most of what I found was amazingly gaudy -- which, apparently, is what fish like. However, I'm not making cards for fish, so I settled for brown.
Rubber stamping, stamping, papercrafting and other projects from a writer by trade, stamper by passion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Halloween tag
Now that there are no kids in my house, I don't really "do" Halloween. However, I have a random assortment of Halloween-them...
Popular Posts
-
Making these rocker cards is so fun. As long as it can fit in an envelope, you can add any size or shape you want on top of the rocker base...
-
. Another Christmas card in July. This one is a Zfold, with a focus on die-cuts. I combined a tree from one set with gifts from a birthday ...
-
No pressure, but Christmas is just 2 weeks off, you know. Here's a card using very traditional colors. I took a stamp that is an imag...

Lovely card Sandy. Great idea. Thank you for joining us at Feeling Sketchy
ReplyDeletegreat use of the sketch Sandy, i love the feather. thanks for joining us @ feeling sketchy this week :)
ReplyDelete