Tuesday, January 8, 2013

I heart 2013

Time to get started on crafting for the new year.  A COTM group I am in has the theme of fiber for this month, and we're supposed to do something more than just tie a bow with it. I ended up wrapping my fiber around a chipboard heart. I actually like the effect. The fiber is like velvety, like chenille, and has patches of glittery threads in it. I got it in a fiber swap back when fibers were all the rage, and just stumbled upon it in my stash when working on this challenge. Don't you love it when stuff from your stash jumps out at you and works perfectly?

The layout is Feeling Sketchy #41. This is also for 365 Cards #2http://feeling-sketchy.blogspot.com/2013/01/feeling-sketchy-41.html, to do a Valentine's card, or at least to use a heart.

The patterned paper is from Cosmos Cricket. Sentiment is Hero Arts, done in Memento black.


4 comments:

  1. Wow! I love the textures in this card! What a great idea to wrap fiber around your chipboard heart (might have to steal this idea sometime ;-).
    Thanks for playing along with Feeling Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of the fibre Sandy. Thanks for playing at Feeling Sketchy this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea with the fibre! And wonderful take on the sketch. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at feeling sketchy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous card Sandy. I love the chipboard heart covered with whe fiber :) Thanks for joining in with us at Feeling SKetchy this week.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts