Thursday, May 10, 2012

Frog on Vespa

      My brother's birthday is coming up. As I've said before, it's hard for me to do "guy" cards. Since my brother and I share a similar sense of humor, I decided to go with this fun image from Paper Cupcakes. How can a frog on a Vespa not strike you as funny?
      Frog is colored with pencils and OMS. I used a silver gel pen for the "metal" on the handlebar and hubcabs. I also gave the Vespa a coat of spica pen to give it a sparkly, clear-coat look. (I had a car with metallic blue paint once. It was about that sparkly when it was new.) That's as far as embellishments go for this "guy" card.
      The tickets are also from Paper Cupcakes; I chose a bunch of "have fun" sentiments and left the birthday greetings for inside the card..
      The sketch for this is the current sketch for Card Positioning Systems, CPS 264.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts