Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Another rose card

The subject of this week's Teapot Tuesday challenge was tattoos.  I prefer my ink on my fingers and my stamps rather than on my body, thank you very much, but I thought a rose would make a nice tattoo, so I created this card.  I used the current Card Patterns sketch (#162) for the layout

The stamp is one I picked up at a stamp show in a bargain bin. It's inked in Memento black and colored with pencils.  The ribbon is from a grab bag of stuff I bought at a stamping consignment sale on Saturday; the ribbon is from Elements, and someone on SCS pointed out it looks kind of thorny.

Instead of the buttons the Card Patterns sketch showed in the lower left corner, I just did a little paper piercing, because I didn't want to clutter the card too much, and I do like this image a lot; didn't want to take attention away from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts