Thursday, March 29, 2012

Going International

My house was actually quite bilingual for the last few weeks, as we played host to a German exchange student. He was a very nice boy, and a very talented musician, and it was quite interesting to get to know him.
That's my lead-in to a card honoring France -- it's the best I could do, aside from noting that this week's Teapot Tuesday Challenge was all about France.  I used the current Card Patterns sketch (#158) to create my card, and I ended up making it an odd size, to fit what used to be known as a "letter envelope"  or roughly 6 /14 by 3 1/4 inches.
The Eiffel Tower is black-embossed on white card stock, with blue ink (SU Blue Bliss) sponged pretty heavily around the edges.  The sentiment is also black-embossed.
I had seen a really cool embellie made with a button and twine, looped to look like a flower, on a card at SCS. That inspired my odd little blue and white embellie here -- it's not as nice as the inspiration, but it is an interesting little do-hickey, and it let me get a little blue down at the bottom of the page.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome card! Great soft inking around the focal image. Thank you for playing along at Card Patterns!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Monochromatic CAS

 Isn't there a saying that goes something like: there's nothing simple about clean and simple?  Or no, is it just me? Anyway, I trie...

Popular Posts