Saturday, July 16, 2011

Birthday Collage

I don't do collage very often, as I'm just not comfortable doing it. But the Ways to Use it challenge at SCS this week was to do a collage using at least four stamps.  The sample cards inspired me, and this is what I came up with. (It is in part a CASE of the sample by Collette, challenge hostess).
It's also for this week's Magical Monday challenge to do a birthday card.  (And it's really different from anything I made during my month as guest designer for Paper Cupcakes).
The puffy flower (Purple Onion Designs) is clear-embossed on gray paper. I overstamped with a script background stamp using Ranger Slate ink, wiping the ink of the embossing.  Then I added the butterflies (Impression Obsession) in opposite corners using SU Eggplant Envy ink. 
The sentiment is also stamped in Eggplant Envy ink.  I used half-pearls to tie the sentiment in with the bottom of the card.  The border punch is by McGill.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sandy
    You did a beautiful card! I love butterflies. Thanks for joining us at Paper Cupcakes Challenge this week. Good Luck!
    -Sony
    Sonia-Studio60

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts