Thursday, July 22, 2010

Quick and Easy


I made this card for this week's MotherMark's Teapot Tuesday Challenge. It's for a little girl in New Zealand, daughter of an SCS member, who had her tonsils out. She loves hearts, so I'm giving her hearts. That explains why this card is much more "cutesy" than I usually do.

This was a quicky, using the current Card Positioning System Sketch CPS176. I used an old SU image, and an acrylic heart I've had for ages. The blue and green on the heart matched the printed paper almost perfectly -- how lucky is that? The lacy ribbon is an adhesive paper ribbon I picked up at Tuesday Morning, and it is pretty cool stuff. (I saw it one day, resisted the urge to buy it, then went back the next day to pick it up. Since it was Tuesday Morning and I only saw one package of the stuff, I knew it wouldn't last long. I'm still mad at myself for passing up some highly-discounted border punches at TM, which were gone by the time I came back for them.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Monochromatic CAS

 Isn't there a saying that goes something like: there's nothing simple about clean and simple?  Or no, is it just me? Anyway, I trie...

Popular Posts