Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Sponged dragonflies


Purple and green -- especially pale purple and an olive or celery green -- is one of my favorite color combos. I have a nice stack pack of papers in that combo that got buried in my stamping area and I recently uncovered it. (Someone at SCS refers to this as "shopping in your stash" -- what a great way to put it.) (I should note the base piece photographed much more blue that it is in real life.)

I used the papers to make this sweet and simple card for CPS sketch 170. The dragonfly stamp is an old Stampcraft one, colored with pencils. I added some piercing to give the dragonflies a flight path and sponged Versacolor Petunia ink around the edges. The sketch calls for scallops along a horizontal layer, so I pulled out the rope border punch, which always adds a nice touch.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Monochromatic CAS

 Isn't there a saying that goes something like: there's nothing simple about clean and simple?  Or no, is it just me? Anyway, I trie...

Popular Posts