Monday, January 4, 2010

CPS148 faux quilted


Today's Technique Challenge at SCS was to make a faux patchwork quilt. I combined that with this week's Card Positioning System Sketch (CPS 148).

Papers are from an old mat pack from Provo Craft (I'm trying to use some of this old stuff up -- not exactly a New Year's Resolution, but I do sometimes shudder at how much stuff I accumulate). The stamp is just a little one from a holiday set from Hobby Lobby ("warm", quilts -- I did think about it), and the ribbon's from my stash (I'm a bigger sucker for ribbon than paper, so that's what I really need to use up.)

Other than that, pretty self-explanatory. Should I add faux stitching on the quilted blocks--what do you think?


5 comments:

  1. Great take on the CPS sketch!! I'm going to have to check out the SCS challenges - I haven't done any yet, but the faux patchwork looks great!! Faux stitching around the blocks would look good for sure, but the card certainly doesn't 'need' it - it's great just as is! I also appreciate the 'using up the stash' idea - I'm working on the same thing! I linked here via 'Mr. Linky' at CPS - I'll definitely be checking back here often - you've got a great blog! Cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely! I love the 'patchwork', the patterns you chose work together wonderfully! Thanks for playing at CPS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card! I love the patchwork of purple!! Thanks for playing at CPS this week!

    ♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  4. great take on the CPS sketch this week, thanks for playing along :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the purples on your 'quilt'! very pretty - I loved doing this technique! You might try doing faux stitching with a white gel pen - try it on a scrap square first to see how it looks! or maybe paper piercing stitches - it does add that home spun look but this is just lovely as is too!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts