Wednesday, August 5, 2026

Spotlight on morning glory


 The last spotlight card I posted, maybe a year and a half ago, is by far the most popular blog post I've ever made. It's been viewed like double the next most popular post, and more than 10x the average post. I remember  being super intimidated by the technique when I first came across it, but it's so easy. 

For this card, I used a morning glory image. I picked out the area I wanted to color, cut it out with a circle die, and referred to an online photo of morning glories when choosing the purple, pink and green colors. Die-cut a slightly larger circle in purple, placed it over the spot the image was diecut from, then placed the colored circle on top, making sure the image lined up. Easy peasy.

This card is entered in these challenges:

Beautiful Blossoms # 43 -- florals

Double Trouble # 222-- 3 layers, 2 colors, 1 sentiment plus optional twist of "more" (4 layers and three colors)

Simon Says Stamp Monday -- birthday

Pammie's Inky Pinkies #2631 -- anything goes

A Cut Above -- include diecut

Triple B -- include blossom, bird, or butterfly

Paper Funday #90 -- anything goes

 

9 comments:

  1. What a wonderful spotlight card and that image really lends itself to this technique. Great colours and colouring. Thanks for sharing at Double Trouble. Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful design using the spotlight technique. Pretty colors! Thanks so much for sharing your inspiration with A Cut Above's August Challenge.
    Vicki - ACA Owner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sandy ... I simply LOVE this!! (purple is MY color) Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Triple B challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Triple B Challenge Co-Owner

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful stamped image, Sandy, and it lends itself perfectly to the Spotlight technique. Lovely coloring using a pretty palette. Your recipient will be very pleased to receive this beautiful birthday card. Thank you for playing along at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always liked the Spotlight technique and on your card, it's very eye-catching! We're delighted you've shared this lovely card with us at The Beautiful Blossoms and Paper Funday Challenges; we hope to see more soon. Also, we have a new challenge you may consider joining sometime, it's The Pick 3 Challenge and we hope to see you there as well!
    Donna xx
    The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    The Inspiration Station Challenge
    The Paper Funday Challenge
    The Pick 3 Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so pretty, love the spotlight flower on here, great job. Thanks for playing our challenge this month at A Cut Above Challenge. Have a great day. Leanne DT/ACA

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sandy, you used the spotlight technique so beautifully on your card! Adding the purple mat made that gorgeously colored morning glory flower stand out even more! Thank you so much for sharing your card and creativity with us at Try a Sketch on Tuesday!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful floral and love the simplicity of making it a spotlight card. Thank you sharing your beautiful card with us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't used the spotlight technique in forever! This is really pretty! And by the sounds of it, with the popularity of your last spotlight blog post, people love the spotlight card! Good reminder to try it again. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Holly-days

 Here's a simple Christmas card using some scraps of patterned papers. This card was inspired by a few challenges, including the Jingle ...

Popular Posts