Friday, March 22, 2024

Stencils and diecuts

 

I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence on either side of the gate, using a mix of a slate-colored ink and a caramel colored ink. Then I sponged in the sky, added a torn piece of dark-green cardstock for the ground, and added the die-cut gate. The foliage on either side of the gate is die-cut in a variety of leaf and stem shapes, and the flowers were punched from snippets of dusky pink and daffodil yellow paper. For a sentiment, I die-cut a cloud and stamped the sentiment.  To the left of the gate, I stamped a butterfly.

 This card is entered in these challenges:

The Butterfly Challenge #194 -- die-cuts, 3 colors (dark green, dusky pink, daffodil), and butterfly-

Stencils Fun Challenge -- stenciled brick fence

Die-cut Divas -- Anything goes

Word Art Wednesday #639 -- anything goes

Pammie's Inky Pinkies 2411 -- anything goes

 


3 comments:

  1. Lovely card-I especially love that beautiful gate! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the stately gates. I wonder which house they belong to. Thankyou for coming and playing in the butterfly garden with me. hugs mrs a.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stenciling and I love that gate. Lovely card. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Monochromatic CAS

 Isn't there a saying that goes something like: there's nothing simple about clean and simple?  Or no, is it just me? Anyway, I trie...

Popular Posts