Thursday, November 2, 2023

Butterfly joy fold


 

I love joy fold cards, but I rarely remember to do them because I forget how easy they are. Luckily, Mrs. A. asked us to make a joy fold for the current Butterfly Challenge, and I got reacquainted with this simple but lovely technique.


Because the Butterfly Challenge is also to make a monochromatic card this go-round, I started by collecting a bunch of blue snippets I thought would work well, from a Navy blue  to several blue and white prints.(see photo to right) I ended up using the two large solid-colored snippets for the base card and the second folded element, and just two prints to cover some of the dark blue. (I think the lighter blue is lovely and wanted to keep it uncovered.) 

My butterfly mage is actually a used postage stamp. I used to collect stamps off all the mail I got and recently looked at what I have stashed away. This stamp really stood out. I squared off the edges of the bit of envelope I'd saved and matted that on a small dark blue snippet. There's lace tape along the edge, and the sentiment "thinking of you" is stamped in navy.

This card is for these challenges:

Butterfly Challenge #188 (monochromatic blue, joy fold, lace)

Simon Says Stamp Monday -- thinking of you

Double Trouble  #191-- something/anything (Thing 1 and thing 3, circles on lace)

Snippets Playground #466 -- use snippets

CRAFT #696 -- anything goes

Crafts Galore Encore #117-- anything goes

Word Art Wednesday #619  --anything goes

 

6 comments:

  1. That is a great fold that I forget about too! Great use of a real postage stamp as the focal point, love that idea. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really brilliant joy food card in monochromatic blues and a pretty butterfly.

    Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card in a fold I rarely remember to use. Very pretty indeed!

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty in shades of blue. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice combination of blues and perfect for your beautiful butterfly, love this fun fold. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a brilliant idea to use the butterfly postage stamp and how well the joyfold card shape suits it too. Loving your blue monochrome. Thankyou for coming and playing in the butterfly garden with me. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Monochromatic CAS

 Isn't there a saying that goes something like: there's nothing simple about clean and simple?  Or no, is it just me? Anyway, I trie...

Popular Posts