Saturday, September 9, 2023

Lots of Leaves

 I don't know about you, but I am ready for fall. This is my first fall card of the season, featuring a lovely maple leaf die from Poppystamps. Every time I use it, I mentally debate if it's border or just a leaf die, and this time, I used it both ways. After cutting the column of leaves, mounting on a white base and adding the sentiment, I decided the card was too flat and needed texture, so I embossed the leaves and added them. The card still needed something, and after giving myself time to ponder it, I added the white lines around the edge. Honestly, that thin white line made a huge difference.

This card is entered in these challenges:

Die-Cut Divas -- anything goes with die-cuts

Colorful Options -- orange

Can you handle the pressure -- machine embossing/embossing folders

Word Art Wednesday #611 -- anything goes

Pammie's Inky Pinkies #2335 -- anything goes


4 comments:

  1. Oh Sandy, this is absolutely beautiful! What an awesome design! Well done ... amazing inspiration! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Can You Handle the Pressure challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I love how you embossed the die cut leaves. Thanks for joining us this week at Pammie's Inky Pinkies. Hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!!! Thanks so much for participating in our COLORFUL OPTIONS challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, the embossed leaves are great and your design works so well. I like how the line you drew really focuses me on the body of the card. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our "Anything Goes" challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Monochromatic CAS

 Isn't there a saying that goes something like: there's nothing simple about clean and simple?  Or no, is it just me? Anyway, I trie...

Popular Posts