Friday, September 15, 2023

In which the stamping platform comes in handy

 

You know how an idea sometimes just appears in your brain? Well, that happened here. I'd been vaguely thinking about Mrs. A's butterfly challenge -- to include lots of butterflies, and thought of this stamp From Hero Arts. I decided to make it into a rainbow of color. But I knew it would be tricky to get it right.

This is where I really apprecaieated the utility of a stamp platform. YTruth is I'm a creature of habit, and it's much easier just to grab an acrylic block than to use the stamping platform. But for this, I took the time to set up the platform, inked up the stamp (and those are ancient pigment inks I used, so wow to them) and stamped.  Several of the butterflies had to be inked and stamped multiple times to get the depth of color I wanted before clear embossing everything. 

The image was the perfect size for a mini slimline, mounted on purple and then on the card. Gold splatters fill in some bare spots, and a ribbon with a rainbow of colors complements the butterflies.

This card is entered in these challenges:

Butterfly Challenge # 187 --  butterflies galore

Simon Says Stamp Monday -- Take Flight

Word Art Wednesday #613 -- anything goes

Pammie's Inky Pinkies #2336 -- anything goes

Pattie's Creations #210 -- use a stamped image.


1 comment:

  1. Oh my those butterflies are just so pretty. Perfect styling for the slim line card. Thankyou for coming and playing in the butterfly garden with me. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Monochromatic CAS

 Isn't there a saying that goes something like: there's nothing simple about clean and simple?  Or no, is it just me? Anyway, I trie...

Popular Posts