Monday, January 18, 2021

A little gap

 

I've been really struggling for inspiration lately, so when I see an idea that intrigues me, I jump on it. I found an intriguing idea recently in Mrs. A's current Butterfly Challenge, to make a gap card. I've seen these made with acetate, but she makes them with just the die-cut holding the pieces of the card front together. 

For my card, I followed the directions Mrs. A gives on her blog for creating the gap. I made by central piece with a couple of existing diecuts and some new ones.  I had the bright pink flower and light green vine already and they layered together really nicely.  I used nested dies to cut a smaller shape from a pink gingham snippet of patterned paper and a larger one from a black snippet.  For the butterfly, I used an apple green snippet of card stock for the solid under layer and a snipped of textured gold card stock for the filigree layer. From that, it was a matter of just assembling everything in a pleasing manner.  I decided to just use white card stock for the base rather than doing a layer of patterned paper because there's a lot going on in the center as it is.

This card is entered in these challenges:

Butterfly challenge #150 -- gap card, gingham, colors Granny Smith (apple green) gold, and geranium (bright pink)

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge -- layer it up

Pixie's Snippet Playground #394 -- snippets (all the die cuts)

Word Art Wednesday #473 -- anything goes


4 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I love hibiscus flowers and this one is stunning, that lovely shaped background really sets it off.
    Jane
    Guest Designer at the Playground

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Sandy! I know for sure that Mrs A will love it. I need to find time to join in as well. The colours you used are just perfect for this elegant card too. I love it!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Sandy this card is so pretty. I am glad you kept the base card white as it shows your gap card connection off to perfection. So nice to see you in the butterfly garden.Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the look of this card.
    PS: I made a version of the triple fold SCS card thanks to your inspiration and links. CHEERS!
    Sarn x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Monochromatic CAS

 Isn't there a saying that goes something like: there's nothing simple about clean and simple?  Or no, is it just me? Anyway, I trie...

Popular Posts