Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Camping fun


I'm a day late posting my DT project for PINspirational Challenges, but it's a fun one. Look at this awesome inspiration photo -- don't you want to be on that mountain?

Instead of making a card, I made tags. I used some old Sizzix dies I got at a consignment sale. (They are the little square ones with a foam layer -- I think they are called Sizzlets.) This is such a great camping set with all the elements for a great scene, except the campfire is the wrong scale. Look at it -- it would loom over that tent if I put them side by side.  So, I made two different tags.

The tags themselves are cut with the Stamplorations stitched tag die. I just gathered bits of snippets in a variety of colors and cut the different pieces, then arranged them to make a nice scene.

And now a funny story about camping. We enjoy camping and headed out for a long weekend of camping fun around the Fourth of July. Except, it was SO hot, SO humid and SO uncomfortable we were miserable. It was too hot to hike even early in the morning. We came home a day early, something we've never done before.

As we were driving home I was trying to think up a good way to tell my DH I didn't want to camp again until it's cooler. Then he surprised me by saying "I've reached the conclusion that I'm not a summer camper. Let's not plan any more camping until it cools down." So ... great minds think alike.

Hope my project or the photo inspire you to create your  own project. If so, be sure to link up at the PINspiratiional Challenge blog.

I'm entering these challenges:
The Paper Shelter #393 -- punches and dies
Die Cut Divas -- hot
Pixie's Snippet Playground #358 -- use snippets
Crafty Sentiments -- anything goes
Pammie's Inky Pinkies #1932 -- anything goes
Word Art Wednesday #400 -- anything goes

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous use of our punches and dies theme, love your image and your tag design. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice tags, and a great take on the inspiration photo. We are avid campers and enjoy it year-round.....even in the middle of winter in the freezing temps and snowy days. Thank goodness for a few amenities like a fireplace in the camper!! Thanks so much for sharing your tags with us at PIP Challenges this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful tags Sandy! Nope, I wouldn't want to be on that mountain in the photo one little bit! Hang on, I just looked again and it's not smoke like I thought but cloud and mist! Count me in then :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful tag
    thank's for joininig us at TPS

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute, Sandy. This is darling, and would be perfect in the camping challenge here:
    https://giveacrafteracookie.blogspot.com/2019/08/top-cookies-for-cookie-challenge-122.html

    Thanks SO much for sharing it with us at Word Art Wednesday. Have a blessed week.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. We used to camp in the summer, but way up high in the mountains with lots of trees. I'm sure you'll be camping in a month or so. Great tags to remind you that it gets hot with a campfire going. LOL So glad you joined our "hot" challenge at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Stencils and diecuts

  I've had the idea for this card for a while, but I finally got around to making it this week.  I started by stenciling the stone fence...

Popular Posts