My card today features bold, bright colors that I typically shy away from. I have to do a COTM in orange, red and yellow, so I figured I might as well embrace them big time. Boldly I went.
The sketch is Freshly Made Sketch #92. There was something about the curve on the design that really attracted me. I guess because it's not a shape you generally see. I simply drew the curve on a piece of copy paper and used that as a pattern to cut my layers.
The flowers were first inked in YoYo Yellow, and then I added another layer of color by using a marker on the stamp as well before applying it to paper. The butterfly is black embossed, cut out and popped up. Flower stamp is from Autumn Leaves, sentiment from Stampin Up; and butterfly is from Stamps on Fire (I'm fairly sure on that last one).
This is also for the current Simon Says Stamp Challenge, "Anything Goes."
Rubber stamping, stamping, papercrafting and other projects from a writer by trade, stamper by passion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Pumpkin spice pie
: On Thanksgiving, I usually declare that "I'm here for the sides," namely dressing and pumpkin pie. So why not make pumpkin ...
Popular Posts
-
Making these rocker cards is so fun. As long as it can fit in an envelope, you can add any size or shape you want on top of the rocker base...
-
. Another Christmas card in July. This one is a Zfold, with a focus on die-cuts. I combined a tree from one set with gifts from a birthday ...
-
No pressure, but Christmas is just 2 weeks off, you know. Here's a card using very traditional colors. I took a stamp that is an imag...

What a beautiful butterfly! And I love the bright colors. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!
ReplyDeleteThis is such a great card! I love that butterfly and the bold colors on the card!
ReplyDeleteThanks for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge! :)
Laura
How pretty! Your butterfly is perfect with the flowers. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!
ReplyDeletełał... kartka prezentuje się bardzo pięknie.
ReplyDelete