Thursday, October 8, 2026

Halloween tag


 Now that there are no kids in my house, I don't really "do" Halloween. However, I  have a random assortment of Halloween-themed crafting supplies, mostly leftovers and a few things people sent me as a little insert in a swap card. So I decided to make a Halloween tag.

I began with a white tag, sponging it with Hickory Smoke Distress ink. Next, I chose a patterned paper I got as one of those swap gifties. It shows skulls, bats, gravestones, bones and other "Spooky" stuff, so it set the mood. Added a die-cut spider web in an upper corner, then rub-on spider and bat. Used a sticker across the bottom -- these stickers are pretty realistic-looking in real life, they truly look like a ribbon stamped with letters and held by brads. The same set of rub-ons that included the spider and bat had the word "scary" in orange.  These are really old rub-ons, and the word didn't come across as bold as it should have, so we have a ghostly "scary." And while rubbing that on, some stray orange dots ended up on the tag. So I decided to embrace the happenstance by adding a few more orange rub-ons from the set. Finished the tag with black-and-white bakers twine and a fuzzy orange fiber.

This tag is entered in these challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Monday -- tag it

Creative Inspiration -- anything goes

DigiChooseday  -- anything goes

Polkadoodles Challenge: -- anything goes

Gem of a Challenge -- anything goes 

We Love to Create Challenge  -- anything goes

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Halloween tag

 Now that there are no kids in my house, I don't really "do" Halloween. However, I  have a random assortment of Halloween-them...

Popular Posts