Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Old and New

 

 I don't usually make valentine cards, but I had fun with this one mixing vintage and modern elements. Unlike most cards I make, I started working on this by taking everything out of my disorganized drawer full of items that could be used on a card and seeing what looked good. Here's what I found:

  • A small, vintage-looking card (the size of a gift tag) of a sweet girl {I remember buying the set at a thrift store maybe a decade ago]
  • A acrylic heart [From about the same period, purchased at Target, probably The Dollar Spot]
  • A red-ribbon styled chipboard sticker with the sentiment You're the Best. The flowered pattern picks up all the colors from the portrait so it ties things together.

So, I chose some vintagey-looking patterned paper and put it all together. What do  you think?

This card is for these challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Monday -- Have a Heart

Word Art Wednesday #631  -- anything goes

Double Trouble #158 -- something, anything (parts 1 and 3)

Crafting Happiness #159 -- Vintage

4 comments:

  1. Sandy, such a sweet Valentine! Love that vintage photo and the rose background!! Thank you for sharing your talents with us at Double Trouble!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your beautiful image makes up a pretty vintage Valentine card. So pretty. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that you pulled elements out that needed to be used! That's fun. Love the vintage feel to it. Thanks for sharing at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Thank you for joining Double Trouble Challenge #158. - Melanie R.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Monochromatic CAS

 Isn't there a saying that goes something like: there's nothing simple about clean and simple?  Or no, is it just me? Anyway, I trie...

Popular Posts