Monday, March 8, 2021

Joy fold poppies

 

The current  Butterfly Challenge is brought to us by the letter J, for joy fold card. I haven't made one of these in a while and it was fun to do again. It's a really easy fun fold That I just forget about sometimes. (Does anyone know why it's called a joy fold?  Please leave a comment and let me know!)  If you need instructions, Mrs. A the butterfly queen has them here.  These cards do tend to flap open. Mrs. A uses a belly band to keep them closed. The top butterfly in the corner on my is on a pop dot and acts as little latch to keep the smaller card open. (If you've never seen a joyfold card, the top, smaller card opens from the left )

That's a digi image, colored in pencils. I was going for light burgundy (aka Japanese carmine) for the flowers. I believe the larger butterfly (from a Spellbinder's set I just picked up on mega clearance) qualifies as jasmine, or a very pale yellow.

This card is entered in these challenges:

Butterfly #103. (level 2, using the joy fold theme, butterflies, at the colors of Jasmine and Japanese carmine)

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday -- beautiful blooms

Catch the Bug -- anything goes

Pammie's Inky Pinkies #2110 -- anything goes

Word Art Wednesday #481  -- anything goes

Crafts Galore Encore #85 for March -- anything goes

Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge -- use patterned paper



6 comments:

  1. Love the joy fold. Beautiful card. Thanks for playing along with us at PIP Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The joy fold is one of my favourite card shapes to make. Can be made so many different ways and look different each time. I like your array of poppies on your card panel. Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me this week. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So soft and beautiful, great fold.
    Thank you for joining Catch the bug.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just my favourite flowes! Lovely fold.
    Thank you for joining Catch the Bug's Anything goes!
    Hugs from Africa!
    OlgaB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful creation! Loved it!! Thank you for sharing with us over at Crafts Galore Encore. We hope to see you again.
    ~ Claudia Martins DT ~ xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. Love fun fold cards as I rarely make them and they always impress me!
    Sorry I am late visiting, but better late than never!
    Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge blog.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Dragonfly

 I don't usually do collage-type backgrounds, but I decided to try one. I started by stenciling in various shakes of pink and plum, then...

Popular Posts