Sunday, May 26, 2019

Flapping butterflies


Here's my latest card.  Mrs. A's Butterfly Challenge includes the element of doing a flap card, and I found a set of these white card bases among my stash, so it was just a matter of decoration.


I started with two snippets of a pale yellow and stamped flowers in a Distress pink on the diagonal on the larger piece.  The smaller piece is the perfect place for a sentiment. For the main image, I stamped the butterfly flitting, floating... on a snippet of white, colored the butterflies with colored pencils, and used the negative of a scalloped oval to create a frame (I'm almost embarrassed to admit I'd saved that as a snippet, too).
For a little clasp element, I used a die-cut flower in white and added one of these premade flower/gem combos on top. I added a few more flowers to finish the card off.

This card is entered in these challenges:
Butterfly Challenge #122: flap, flowers, colors (Pink, flax, firebrick)
Stamplorations -- Things With Wings
Die Cut Divas May challenge -- flowers
Crafting by Designs -- Feature a Creature (butterfly)
Pixie's Snippet Playground #353 -- use snippets
Word Art Wednesday #388 -- anything goes


2 comments:

  1. Third time lucky. I love your flap fold card. The flower closure clasp is such a neat idea. Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me this week. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Sandy - and plenty of snippets used too! :)

    Sorry I'm a bit late commenting!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Monochromatic CAS

 Isn't there a saying that goes something like: there's nothing simple about clean and simple?  Or no, is it just me? Anyway, I trie...

Popular Posts