Friday, October 23, 2015

Shine On

Here's a CAS card I made.  I don't usually do a lot of splattering, but it just seemed right for this card, so I splattered orange watercolors on the base card, then added some speckles of brown. The image is stamped on a snipped of white, along with a sentiment from the same set, then mounted on a mustard colored snippet, which I tore at the bottom.  I added a snippet of coordinating ribbon and called it a day. (Image is from a little set from Hot off the Presses).


STAMPlorations is having a fall flowers linky party, if you link up by the end of Sunday with a card featuring flowers you could win one of three new stamp sets.

The card is for these challenges:
STAMPlorations fall flower linky party -- flowers
Share the Joy Challenge #8 -- Clean and simple
Pixie's Snippet Playground #199 -- use snippets
Word Art Wednesday # 206 -- anything goes

5 comments:

  1. What a pretty card, Sandy. Thanks so much for sharing your talents wtih us. It's a blessing to have you play along, and I hope that you will join us again soon. Have a blessed week!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is lovely Sandy - really sweet image and a perfect CAS card as well.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely card & the splatters are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really nice card! I like how you used the sunflower! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Share Joy Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I really, really like this card. I've always been a fan of sunflowers. That little hunk of ribbon is way cool as is the splattering technique. I don't do splatters because they always end up on the wrong thing--like the wall or my shirt. LOL! You got them ON THE CARD! That's too awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Monochromatic CAS

 Isn't there a saying that goes something like: there's nothing simple about clean and simple?  Or no, is it just me? Anyway, I trie...

Popular Posts