Wednesday, May 7, 2014

For Mother's Day

I finally got around to doing a Mother's Day card for my MIL. I CASed a card I found on someone's blog, and I don't know whose it was, so I can't give credit. (So sorry if it was you.)

I bought a bag of doilies at a yard sale last week, but they are solid and rather plain in the center, so I ended up die-cutting another doily to go in the center. The rest of the card is pretty self-explanatory. The dark purple layer is embossed with the CB textile plate; the butterfly is also embossed a little in the center.  The two bottom layers of flowers are sponged with purple ink.

I'm entering the card in these challenges.

Ribbon Girl: Flowers
Pixies Snippet Playground #123: snippets (lavender layer, butterfly both from snippets)
Paper Players: Mother
Simon Says Monday Challenge: 5 things (5 kinds of embellishments -- doily, die cuts, flowers, ribbon, brad)
Butterfly Challenge #7 -- butterfly and doily
Clear it out -- favorite style and product (flowers)
Simon Says Wednesday, Spring Flowers
Challenges 4 Everybody: Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly: Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday #131:Anything Goes
Loves Rubberstamps 102: Anything Goes

10 comments:

  1. Doily design pattern is pretty and such a good idea to die cut another shape for the centre to cover the blank. Butterfly is an unusual one and looks good against the doily. Thank you for fluttering by #7. hugs Mrs A. (butterfly challenge).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty Mother's Day card,Sandy. It's such a blessing to have you share your card in our challenge, and I thank you for joining us this week. May God bless you for sharing, and please stop by to join us again soon.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card Sandy! I do love the colours you used - and a few less snippets in your craft room with luck :)

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very pretty card. Thank you for joining us over at Loves Rubberstamps. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty Sandy. I like the embossing folder you used as the back ground. Smart how you used the doily to fit your liking. Happy crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet Mother's Day card! I am sure it is very much appreciated! Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful Mother's Day card! Thanks for playing with us at Loves Rubberstamps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love doilies on a card but I can never find the right size. Lovely card and layout :) Thanks for joining us at the Clear it out challenge blog. Check in tomorrow for our new challenge and to see if you are a winner :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Sandy, so pretty, I love the dies you've used.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

Dragonfly

 I don't usually do collage-type backgrounds, but I decided to try one. I started by stenciling in various shakes of pink and plum, then...

Popular Posts